ST7925E Push-to-Talk Cisco Handset
The ST7925E Push-To-Talk Cisco WiFi handset enables Push To Talk communications whilst mobile within a suitable facility.
The Push-To-Talk (PTT) switch provides an electrical break (non-conducting air-gap) in the microphone circuit, ensuring that the signal from the microphone cannot be transmitted to the phone circuit until the button is activated.
The standard version of the PTT Handset replaces the Speaker activation button of the OEM (normally software deactivated for security) and provides an ergonomic position for both left and right-handed users.
Other advantages of the hardware ‘mute’ activation are that it’s fail-to-safe (mute) with instantaneous, guaranteed operation. The OEM software-controlled mute on the left of the phone (which is normally disabled as part of the modifications), conversely, incorporates a delay to activation and can be difficult to assure as effective, as it involves the software build.
The ST7925E Push-To-Talk Cisco WiFi handset maintains the vast majority of the OEM functions including exceptional voice quality and quality of service features. Using Push To Talk reduces the chances of background conversations being overheard, particularly important if the user is mobile within a facility.
The handset compliments the extensive range of secure telephony and communication products from the Secure Systems Information Assurance Division of API Technologies Corp, more details of which can be found at www.apitech.com/sst
- Security enhanced WiFi handset
- Tactile user ‘activation’ feedback
- Colour and position options
- Speaker/software mute disable options
- Air-gap microphone isolation
- Hardware assurance, not software
- Instant action
- Suitable for right and left-handed users
- For full handset specifications see Cisco website
- IEEE 802.11 a/b/g radio
- Two-inch colour display
- Two soft-key buttons to access screen-based applications, features, and functions
- Five-way navigation support
- Support wide range of applications through XML
- CE, MIL-STD-810F standard for shock resistance
- IP54 rated for protection against dust and water
- Height 127 x Width 52 x Depth 20 mm
- Weight 138 to 143g
- Long battery life
- Up to 240 hours standby or 13 hours of talk time
- Wired Mini USB (OEM) for charging
- 0 degrees C to +40 degrees C (Operating)
- -30 degrees C to +60 degrees C (non-operating)
- 10% to 95% RH (Operating, non-condensing)
- Physically deactivate OEM Mute button
- Media Room
- Investor Relations