Common Access Card (CAC / PIV) Access to Multi-function Devices
Netgard® MFD is a drop-in, inline, multi-factor, user authentication solution for networked, special purpose devices such as multi-function printer/scanner/copiers.
Netgard protects a network by requiring users to authenticate themselves with a smartcard (CAC/PIV) and personal identification number (PIN), thereby preventing unauthorized users from accessing privileged materials or distributing unauthorized material. Without a card and PIN, Netgard does not permit the user to print, scan, or send from the multi-function device to network resources.
Many legacy devices, purchased before the adoption of HSPD-12, do not support CAC/PIV access. As a result, many useful legacy devices, such as multi-function copiers and scanners, have been rendered useless. Netgard offers an affordable solution that helps government agencies make the most of their technology investment by bringing these legacy devices into compliance with HSPD-12.
For U.S. government agencies, Netgard meets Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) by facilitating Common Access Card (CAC/PIV) multi-factor authentication required by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) for access to network-based devices and systems. It supports both local and network user authentication using LDAP or Active Directory.
- Extends life of existing printers/copiers/MFDs by enabling CAC/PIV authentication.
- Meets HSPD-12 and DoD compliance requirements.
- Cost-effective, plug-and-play solution.
- Protects network from unauthorized distribution of information.
- Enables Secure Print Release when used in conjunction with workflow solution software.
- Integrates with workflow software for Scan-to-Home functionality
- FIPS 140-2 Validated
Physical Description & Operating Environment:
- Width: 6.25in / 15.9cm
- Height: 1.125in / 2.9cm
- Diameter: 6.25in / 15.9cm
- Weight: 0.88lbs / 0.4kg
- Power: 100-240V (operating), 50-60 Hz (autosensing)
- Input Current: 0.6A
- Power Consumption: 6 Watts, 20 BTU/hour
- Temperature: 0°C - 50°C (32°F - 122°F)
- 2x 10/100 Ethernet
- Dual IP v4 and IPv6 stacks
- Local: Netgard MFD Manager
- Remote: Web (SSL)
- IPv6 Phase 1
- UL 60950-1 Listed
- FCC, Part 68
- Media Room