ION™ SM110 Secure Modem
The ION™ SM110 Secure Modem is a highly cost-effective dial-up solution that allows for easy dial-up connectivity to critical voice and IT equipment without compromising security or service levels.
ION’s Secure Modem eliminates the use of static passwords, replacing them with a challenge/response system that uses the 3DES algorithm to provide an essentially unbreakable authentication system. Rendering protected systems virtually impenetrable by unauthorized individuals, the ION Secure Modem also offers increased security and improved compliance with corporate security policies while eliminating the cost of maintaining extensive password lists.
- Dial-up client access
- Secure connectivity
- Embedded two-factor authentication
- User session auditing
- Privilege setting and command filtering
- When combined with PRIISMS, ION’s centralized management and control application, the ION Secure Modem meets today’s most stringent corporate security policies for secure administrative access.
- The ION Secure Modem provides alarming on disconnection to attached device and attempted security breaches.
- The ION Secure Modem provides an audit trail of access to connected devices, including detailed forensic data of all activities such as “break in” attempts, log-ins and administrative access.
- One modem for worldwide use. (Localization kits are available for country-specific installations)
- Data: V.90 and V.92, & enhanced V.34 Error Correction: V.42
- Data Compression: V.44, MNP Class 5; V.42bis
- RJ-11 (Telco) & DB25 (Serial)
- Async up to 230.4K bps
Physical Description & Operating Environment
- 4.3" w x 1" h x 5.7" d; 8 oz (10.9cm x 2.5cm x 14.5cm; 227g)
- 32-120 degrees F (0-50 degrees C); 20-90% noncondensing
- Power: 110/220 VAC 50/60Hz
- Telecom: 47CFR Part 68, CS-03, R&TTE, NALTE, A-Tick
- Safety: c/UL 60950-1 2nd Ed. IEC 60950-1 2nd Ed, CCC & NALTE, AS/NZS 60950:2000
- CE Mark
- RoHS/WEEE Compliant
- Article: Top 5 Ways Insiders Exploit Your Network...and What You Can Do About It
- Article: Why MSPs Should Care About Autonomic Computing & the 4 Steps to More Profitable Remote Service Delivery
- Case Study: Faster Vendor Response & Lower Cost with ION Solution, a Health Care Case Study
- Case Study: More Revenue and Lower Cost of Service Delivery with ION Solution
- ION Products: Open Source License Information
- Solution Brief: Reap the Rewards of Managed Services with Vendor Solutions from ION
- Solutions Brief: ION Products for Government & Military Customers
- White Paper: Examining New Options in Remote Connectivity for Managed Service Providers - Services SSL VPN™ vs. Traditional SSL VPN and IPSec VPN
- Media Room