Supply Chain Management Services
Being a supply chain management partner means more to us than just assembling your printed circuit boards. It means being flexible and working with you to provide inventory and stocking programs as well as logistics support to seamlessly integrate with your operation. It means providing you with superior customer service and offering the lowest total cost of ownership without sacrificing quality. It means we understand that you need to keep your inventory levels low to control costs, yet still need to respond quickly to new orders to satisfy your customers.
API EMS customers leverage our supply chain management expertise to receive high quality products without a high inventory risk. We are able to customize our stocking and logistics programs to meet your production needs and reduce your inventory exposure from prototypes all the way through high volume production orders. API EMS's procurement department is organized into commodity and customer focused teams who are responsible for new product introduction purchasing support, key supplier partnerships, material acquisition plans and demand/pull agreements. Our 30+ years of experience has fostered exceptional supplier relationships which means lower costs and faster delivery of high quality material for your project. Our supply chain management system incorporates API EMS's ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Systems to improve lead times, traceability and quality. Our on-time delivery focus will assure that we meet your production schedules.
Supply Chain Management Services at a Glance
Experience why our customers view us as a trusted extension of their organization by relying on us to manage supply chain details including:
- Materials Management
- Turnkey or Consigned Materials
- Dock To Stock Inventory Management
- In-house Avnet Electronics and Arrow Electronics Material Depots
- In-house Support Personnel From Key Distributors
- Supplier Auditing
- Full RoHS Sourcing
- Inventory Bonding
- Product Labeling
- Documentation Inclusion
- Customized JIT / Kanban Support Per Customer
- Shipment Notification and Tracking
The Benefits To You
- Procurement Expertise - Our customers gain immediate access to SenDEC commodity buyers who have decades of experience in building supplier relationships and negotiating the lowest total cost solution for our customers. Since SenDEC will only source from vendors you approve of, our buyers will often recommend options that can deliver the performance you require at a lower total cost. Our buyers can also help in the area of obsolete components - whether it is to find a different source or recommend a like alternative.
- Established Supplier Relationships - We have long standing relationships with key suppliers we have worked with to deliver value to our customers. You get the benefit of our experience in knowing which ones are best suited for your situation.
- Faster Delivery - The close relationships we have with our approved suppliers and SenDEC's reputation for customer service has enabled us to provide an exceptional delivery track record for our customers.
- Procurement Flexibility - SenDEC can manage the entire procurement process for you turnkey or, if you prefer, can securely manage all or a subset of your raw material on a consignment basis. If we procure the material, we will only use vendors you approve of. If you wish to consign material to us, we will see if SenDEC's purchasing leverage can get it for a lower cost.
- Reduced Inventory - SenDEC's supplier agreements, contracts, and bonded inventory help to minimize our customers' inventory exposure. Our ability to integrate with your JIT or Kanban process assures you get product only when you need it.
- SenDEC Leverage - Since manufacturing IS our business, we spend millions of dollars each year procuring material. As a SenDEC customer, you are able to take advantage of the discounts and associated customer service attributed to our purchasing power.
- Procurement Efficiency - SenDEC utilizes a materials requirement planning (MRP) system to control every stage of production and maintain the flow of material crucial for continuous production and on-time delivery of your project. It also allows us to respond faster to any changes while minimizing inventory exposure.
- RoHS Expertise - SenDEC took a proactive approach to RoHS years ago and has a proven track record in supplying RoHS compliant circuit board assemblies and complete turnkey products to our customers. We can also help guide you through the ramifications this directive is having on the supply chain of material and how it is likely to affect you even if you are not supplying products to Europe.
We are committed to serving as an extension of your organization that delivers the highest quality assemblies on time at a lower total cost than you have experienced to date. Call us toll free at 1-800-295-8000 and ask for Sales or submit a request here to see what SenDEC's supply chain management services can offer you.
- Media Room