In addition to new product manufacturing, API EMS can rework existing PCBs (printed circuit boards) and assemblies. This work is handled by our Prototype Department with the same attention to detail and quality processes that they bring to API EMS Prototype services.
API EMS's Prototype Department is organized as an autonomous group comprised of individual work cells with highly skilled people that:
- are ISO 9001:2008 certified
- are IPC-A-610D Class II (production) and Class III (high reliability) certified
- are IPC J-STD-001 certified
- adhere to UL and IPC Workmanship standards
Rework/Repair Services at a Glance
- X-ray Inspection
- Emergency Rework
- Accurate Removal and Replacement of Components Including BGAs
- Fix Design Flaws
- Upgrade Design With New Components
The Benefits To You
- Recover and Reuse Materials
- Rapid Turnaround
- Full Access to API EMS State-of-the-Art Equipment and Expertise
- API EMS Quality, Workmanship and Customer Service
Leveraging Your Investment in Design and Materials
In many cases, rework is necessary to fix a design flaw or upgrade an assembly with new components. API EMS utilizes state-of-the-art semi-automated equipment, such as the Onyx Selective Soldering and SRT 1100 Rework Systems, to accurately remove and replace components including BGAs.
In other cases, rework is a cost-effective alternative to building from scratch. Often, it is the best way to recover and reuse materials, which can make up 95% of the cost of your product.
When you have API EMS rework your product, you can be assured that the resulting PCBs and assemblies will meet the highest quality standards.
Want to learn more about our rework/repair capability and the value it can provide? Call us toll free at 1-800-295-8000 and ask for Sales or submit a request here.
- Media Room