Design Engineering Services
For more than 30 years, design engineering expertise has been a fundamental element of API EMS. This tradition continues today with experienced engineers who are dedicated to quality and efficiency.
We combine advanced engineering intelligence with a keen knowledge of cost efficiencies to provide state-of-the-art solutions to modern problems. API EMS design engineers are experts in designing products that perform well and can be manufactured cost-effectively. We can help you deliver a higher quality product to your customers at lower total cost.
If you have an existing design, we can help you optimize it for streamlined production. If you need a design, our engineers can work with you to oversee your product from concept to completion, incorporating DFM/DFA/DFT (design for manufacturability / design for assembly / design for test) principles in the early design stages to assure your production phase is seamless.
Better Quality at Lower Cost
Our engineers can evaluate your existing designs and recommend ways to:
- Reduce material costs – API EMS maintains a large inventory of components that can be substituted for brand name parts. You benefit from limited exposure and lower prices, especially on hard-to-find and long lead-time components.
- Improve product durability and reliability – PCB substrate, configuration, assembly processes and coatings all have an impact on long term performance and reliability. Our engineers can suggest design modifications to improve the durability and quality of your product – without adding cost.
- Modernize existing designs - Even long running, stable designs can benefit from a design evaluation. API EMS offers services such as Through-Hole to SMT Conversion to reduce manufacturing costs and Lead-Free Design and Assembly to protect your product from falling victim to both component obsolescence and market restrictions brought on by recent and pending environmental regulations.
A Wealth of Experience
API EMS engineers have designed many new products for our customers that offer superior price, value and performance for the end users, including:
- Digital and analog devices
- Microprocessor systems design (hardware and software)
- Computer systems interface
- Computer peripherals
- PCB layouts up to 32 layers
- Servo controls
- Power supplies
- Display devices
- Custom packaging
When you retain our design engineering services, you benefit from the extensive experience we have acquired in over 30 years of product design and manufacturing. Whether you need an extension to your present engineering / technical team, or a complete design engineering / production unit, API EMS is ready to meet your needs.
Want to find out how API EMS design engineering services can help you create market-leading products? Call us toll free at 1-800-295-8000 and ask for Sales or submit a request here.
- Media Room